auticon UK Advisory Board Member
auticon is an award-winning international social enterprise providing tech consultancy and neuro-inclusion services to clients
across industry and service sectors, and exclusively employing and placing professional consultants on the autism spectrum
with exceptional results.
It was founded in 2011 and now has operations in the UK, USA, Canada, Germany, France, Italy, Switzerland, and Australia. It is
supported by investors including Richard Branson and Esmée Fairbairn Foundation and works with many blue-chip companies
and Government departments to help make neuro-diversity in the workplace a reality.
Autistic adults often have exceptional cognitive abilities in areas such as logical reasoning, sustained concentration, attention to
detail and accuracy, making their skills uniquely placed in the work environment. Yet, research shows only 1 in 5 autistic adults
are employed, many of whom are in roles that do not make good use of their skills and experience.
Purpose of the UK Advisory Board
As a social enterprise our core mission is to promote neuro-diversity and significantly improve the employment prospects of
autistic adults through:
- Providing high quality, supported, long term careers for skilled autistic adults
- Providing lived experiences, training and advice to help clients employ and support neuro-diverse talent.
- Setting new standards of awareness and advocacy for neuro-diversity in the workplace
The UK advisory board is responsible for:
- Providing direction, constructive challenge and objective insight
- Acting as the organisation engagement ambassador with clients at senior levels
- Helping convey auticon’s message in the market
- Ensuring that the organisation’s vision, mission and values are clearly articulated and communicated
Who are we looking for to join auticon UK’s advisory board?
We are looking for individuals who want to use their skills and experience to help us continue our upward trajectory to become the leading organisation in this space. As a result auticon are seeking three new advisory board members who are keen to collaborate with the auticon teams and are subject matter experts in the following areas:
- Financial advisory and accountancy experience
- General commercial legal experience
- Strategic marketing including PR experience
- Human capital/talent consulting experience
Attributes of auticon UK advisory board members
Critically prospective members need to be committed to auticon’s work, values, vision and mission. They will have an established
reputation or profile in their field and be prepared to advise and assist auticon to realise its ambitions. They should be able to
think and advise strategically and use good independent judgement. They should be prepared to use their personal and
professional skills and experience to mentor the team when required.
- Join and contribute to quarterly advisory board meetings, two in-person (London) and two virtual per year, one and half hours per meeting with 30-45 for pre-reads preparation per meeting
- One hour per month for 1:1 calls with specific members of the executive team to act as a sounding board and provide input based on key areas of expertise
- Raise auticon’s profile in the market and act as client engagement ambassador where required
What difference could you make?
We want you to join us and become a key part of the auticon journey to be the first service provider that any business turns to
for advice and support on how to create, develop and improve their businesses into being neuro-inclusive.
Please send us your bio and a couple of sentences as to why you are interested in and think you are a good fit for this opportunity.
We are particularly keen to hear from individuals who haven’t had board experience to date and especially from a diverse
Please get in contact by using the ‘APPLY’ button below.
The deadline for applications is Friday 20th May 2022.
For more insights check our podcast series hosted by Carrie Grant
‘Autism: In conversation with auticon’ is a new podcast from auticon, a global IT consultancy whose consultants are all autistic.
The series is designed to drive awareness of the realities of autism in the workplace, from the merits of hiring neurodiverse talent,
through to some of the more common challenges faced by autistic adults navigating the workplace.
Hosted by Carrie Grant, each episode will feature interviews with leading voices on autism, including figures from the business
world, social media influencers and autism academics.
The series is available on Spotify, Apple Podcasts and Google Podcasts.
auticon is committed to equality of opportunity in all areas of our work. You will be treated in a fair and equal manner and
in accordance with the law regardless of your gender, marital status, race, religion, age, disability or sexual orientation.
As a disability confident leader, we promote and encourage neurodiversity at work. Therefore, please let us know if you require
any reasonable adjustments as part of the recruitment or interview process.