Autistic adults often have extraordinary technical or cognitive abilities, yet many find it difficult to secure or maintain mainstream employment. The ongoing STEM skills shortage poses a real challenge to UK businesses.
auticon recognises this potential and is the first enterprise to exclusively employ autistic adults as consultants. By creating autism-positive work environments and offering highly individualised, sustained support mechanisms to autistic employees, auticon provides its corporate clients with a means to tap into the amazing talents of autistic people while creating well paid long term careers for its team.
The auticon business model is based on the traditional IT consultancy model: highly talented IT experts are employed by auticon on a permanent basis. Each individual’s skill set is then matched to a specific client project. Corporate clients are then charged a day rate for the auticon consultant, at a level that matches industry standards.
The extraordinary talents of its autistic consultants are what makes auticon unique. Pattern recognition, sustained concentration, exceptional attention to detail – these are just some of the cognitive strengths that our consultants bring to their client engagements.
- International IT and compliance consulting business
- All consultants are on the autism spectrum
- More than 250 colleagues across the UK, USA, Germany, France, Switzerland, Canada
- Projects in software testing, development, analytics, compliance & security
- Clients range from major corporations (Experian, Linklaters, Channel 4, Allianz, Siemens, etc.) to SMEs and Start Ups
Equal employment opportunities for autistic people.
To improve the employment prospects of autistic people through:
- Providing high quality careers for skilled autistic adults
- Shifting perceptions in the workplace by placing consultants into client teams
- Acting as a catalyst for clients to bring more neurodiversity to their wider workforce
Our job coaches
auticon’s consultants and clients are offered the support of our in-house job coaches who ensure that consultants’ work environments enable them to deliver to their full professional potential.
auticon job coaches
- prepare consultants for their prospective workplaces and brief them about specific corporate cultures
- brief future team-members in terms of autism and any specific requests their new autistic colleague may have
- offer initial support with travelling to and from work
- facilitate reasonable adjustments
- mediate feedback between the client and the consultant
- offer any other individual support that consultants require in order to be productive at work
Our management team
Our experienced management team guides our consultants in technical and professional matters and supports them in their professional development. The approach is collaborative and the focus is always on individual strengths and interests. We want our consultants to have rewarding careers at auticon, and promote them into more senior positions as they accumulate experience.